Writer Most Wicked...Kathryn Caskie is in the Lair

    posted by Christine Wells

    The Most Wicked of Sins (Avon, Sept. 29) is the title of the second book in my sexy and wickedly fun Seven Deadly Sins series (and it goes on sale on Tuesday, September 29th--and the crowd roars...). It's about envy, which really is a wicked sin. I mean, come on. You could conceivably have a little fun committing the other six sin-but not envy. No way.

    Is Envy the most wicked of sins?

    Let me tell you a little more about each of the Seven Deadly Sins, and then you tell me which is the most wicked of sins. (PRIZES-The three most thoughtful or creative comments win signed copies of To Sin With a Stranger, the debut book of the series.)

    Now, the Seven Deadly Sins are: Greed, Envy, Sloth, Gluttony, Lust, Wrath and Pride. Okay, I can think of worse sins, but hey, a Pope came up with these as the top seven about a thousand years ago. 'Nuf said, right?

    Greed: Perfect example~ my teetering To Be Read pile(s). I have more books than I can possibly read, more books than anyone can possibly read, and yet I can't leave the bookstore without half a dozen more. I have so many books that I am thinking of building a green house out of recycled romances. Think I can get a tax credit for that?

    Envy:. I named the heroine Ivy in The Most Wicked of Sins after an Envy incident in my neighborhood years ago. A woman down the street had the most amazing garden, and yet I never saw her do any more than water it. One day, the flowers were lying all over the front yard and my neighbor was busy raking up the mess. She guessed some kids had torn up the garden at night as a prank-but wished she could thank them for pulling up all of the poison ivy too. Now she could work in her garden again. A couple days later, I saw the woman who lived next door to her with a horrible red rash all over her arms and face. True story.

    Sloth: It's 8 a.m., kids are off to school. I am going write to ten pages -right after I check my email. Wow, is it noon already? Okay, eat lunch, then off to write ten pages...after I check out that one site. Crap. Dinner time? (Meant to buy some groceries.) Lazy slug.

    Gluttony: There is only so much a human needs to eat, right? Beyond that, it's excess and after a while, Lycra becomes a way of life. Believe me, I know. (Though, the woman who invented SPANX is up for sainthood. Yup, pretty sure it's true.)

    Lust: Oh, come on. How is this a sin?

    Wrath: Okay, you race into a grocery store for some milk, but some guy is blocking the aisle with his cart while he taps on his Blackberry creating a shopper back up (the term for this is Blackberry Jam, I think). Excuse me, please. He doesn't hear you. Tap, tap, tap. Would you mind if I just squeezed by? Tappity tap. Grr. You are about two seconds from yanking that thing out of his hand and chucking it and him in the lobster tank. That's wrath.

    Pride: Pride is supposed to be the worst sin. I don't mean like taking pride in your work, or your school, or your team. We're really talking arrogance, right? Pride as in Pride and Prejudice. Oh Mr. Darcy. You lovely sinner, you.

    There you have it. The Seven Deadly Sins.

    So which is the most wicked of sins? Prizes for the most wickedly funny comments/stories (trying to appeal to Greed here).

    Cheers!

    KathrynSource URL: http://gbejadacosta.blogspot.com/2009/09/writer-most-wickedkathryn-caskie-is-in.html
    Visit Gbejada Costa for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection
My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive