Younger Men

    by Tawny
    Post inspired by Beth *g*


    My current Blaze-in-progress is a forbidden fantasy, tentatively titled The Boy Toy (sadly, as much as I adore that title, my editor has warned me it has to change). In it, my heroine has a vacation fling with a younger man. A very sexy, very talented, very seductive younger man. One who, she's convinced herself, is just for one thing... Sex. No meeting of the minds. No intellectual stimulation. No common ground. Just..., yeah, sex.

    Of course, this is a romance novel, so while the heroine's goals are quite specific, she'll follow a great many twists and turns, all leading her back to the hero who she'll see is good for SO many other things than, you know, just sex. And in the process of all of these discoveries, she'll find she's stronger than she thought -and more able to deal with the judgment of having a young stud - not just as a lover, but as her true love.

    I'm having a great time exploring the different issues a younger man/older woman relationship inspires. And, of course, checking out younger men as writing inspiration (although I can't figure out why my husband won't believe that's why I'm checking these guys out LOL)

    Some of the issues, I'm pretty solid on. Women, by nature, are much more aware of age, I think. We're also more worried about what others think. Then there's the traditional route- historically the man is older than his lady. We can throw in that competition thing - because for some reason, when a woman is with a younger man, there tends to be this feeling of competing with women his own age for him. And of course, our own competition with gravity *g*

    I think its something that can work great, or not work at all. My stepfather was 12 years younger than my mother. My own husband is younger than I am (okay, by a month - but for that month, it really counts!!) I've seen May-December relationships flourish and I've seen them crash and burn. And I'm still not sure why women get the questionable moniker of cougar when they're with a younger man, and men are just lucky? (and yeah, btw, I actually do feel a little creepy including Daniel Radcliffs picture here -probably a by product of watching him grow up as Harry Potter. None of the other guys make me feel that way, though. How about you?)

    What do you think? Do you see any issue with an older woman/younger man scenario? Have you ever- or would you- date a younger guy? And what's up with that cougar thing?Source URL: http://gbejadacosta.blogspot.com/2009/09/younger-men.html
    Visit Gbejada Costa for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection
My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive