Runaway Psychs!

    I knew from the very beginning that no college course would be easy to tackle. Even those two year courses could be a real pain in the butt. But I must admit that one reason why I took up Psychology was because I THOUGHT it had lesser Math. What? It's not like a kid like me would want MATH with me forever. I had to choose something in the field of Science so there'll be less MATH.But obviously, I went wrong. Even if I took up Mass Communication, AB Literature, BS Biology or Journalism, those x and y would still be part of my life.Now enough about Math. Psychology caught my interest because it was a study of Human Behavior. We would study how a person thinks, feels and even their specific reaction towards a particular stimulus. We would learn how to conduct experiments to people, learn how to deal with people, and most importantly, deal with ourselves.It is not an easy course. Yes, it has less computations. Nevertheless, it requires a lot of “MEMORY” and “ANALYSIS”. Primarily, because one subject would connect to every subject. So once you forget something important, you won’t be able to understand the other one. And with all the terms and stuffs, oh baby, you’re gonna be insane, for sure. But it is both beneficial and tiring but really enjoying :)

    Introduction palang yun, pero hiningal nako. Haha.

    So today, was one of my MOST STRESSFUL days this second semester. I won’t consider it as the top one but it is one of the most tiring days ever.
    I only have three classes today. My Theology teacher told us in advance that she can’t attend the class this Friday due to the rerouting of the vehicles. (Dinagyang kasi:) And my Psych 102 teacher also told us that she won’t be attending the class so we could use her time in going home because the roads are closed.
    Three subjects meant three quizzes. Had a quiz in Anatomy and Psych 103. Luckily my Humanities teacher decided to postpone the quiz.
    So the highlight of my day was when I got back to our dorm. I was planning to sleep because I lacked sleep in summarizing the proponents in our Psychoanalysis report which will be presented next week. I hated the fact that the hardest and broadest topic in psychology fell down in our hands. Sigmund Freud. He’s a monster for me, but he’s a genius.

    We read these books as references :) I enjoyed it, really.

    So here’s the thing. For three consecutive weeks, my brain has been overheating because of school works. Today, I thought it was my chance to complete my sleep and finally put the word “REST” to my daily dictionary. But then again, I was wrong.
    My genius roommate Jimlie told me that we will finish the outline of Psychoanalysis today and go back to school by four thirty to present it to our professor. Wanting to lessen my burdens, I deprived myself of sleeping and drank a glass of extra joss to have energy. I wasn’t feeling well at all. I never felt well these days because of too much stress.
    Three o’clock, we walked our way to school under the scourging hot weather that made my head ache a little more. Jimlie brought her laptop. Reaching school, we went to the Graduate School Library to research the true meaning of Psychoanalysis. (Apparently, the sources we had never defined Psychoanalysis.) Staying there for an hour or so, I found myself interested with Sigmund Freud’s journey.
    We went out the library at past four and we had to type the bits we got from books. (Oh yeah. Dalawa lang pala kami ni Jimlie ang nag-a-adventure nito. Haha) So we entered an empty classroom to add some facts and by the end of everything, we noticed. WALA KAMING USB! We ignored that matter because we expected that somehow, the computer shop in front of the school would have a spare USB that we could borrow or a card reader. But still, LUCKILY, WALA SILANG USB AT CARD READER! :| Talk about a lucky day.
    Looking at my wrist watch, it was already four thirty. We looked like insane people looking around the place, searching for someone we know so we can borrow a USB. We called friends and classmates, nobody was home close to where we are! We embarrassed ourselves by approaching some of our irregular classmates (which we don’t converse to at all) because of our desperation. Wanting to present the draft so our running and tiredness would pay off, we rushed back to the school to send the file to my e-mail and print it out in the net shop. LUCKILY, (totoong lucky na to) we bumped to one of our dormates and she had a USB! And finally, we rushed back to the net shop (AGAIN) and printed out the output. (Which took us about 10-15 minutes because Manong Taga-print is so making landi the tourism students na nagpapaprint)
    Smelling our close victory, we rushed to school hoping our professor was still there. It was already past 5, by the way. And LUCKILY (the unlucky lucky)Ma’am was nowhere to be found. :| Imagine our tiredness and sweat. We searched everywhere! The faculty room, the library, cafeteria…sheesh! Even the school chapel! But no, she was definitely nowhere. And I looked like a sad and tired puppy because of disappointment.

    with sore feet:


    Making use of the time we had in school, we went to the library and searched for other references. That was already five thirty in the afternoon. And there was only ONE student inside the library except for the two of us.

    We borrowed two more books (I think I'll like his Lectures :D):



    After going to the library, We walked home and thought of eating a cone of Cornetto to please our beings. Going beyond the boundary of the school, we found none :| Then we walked home and Heaven, baby, there were two men selling ice creams! And Cornetto! Yey!




    And so, an adventure was made again :) I think it was an experience! Beside the fact that my feet (AGAIN) has some sores and wounds, my back aches because of carrying Jimlie’s laptop and two books while running around (Well, I offered to carry her laptop because she looked so tired carrying it.) plus a worsening head ache, and an incoming fever… MR is still MR. A little insane, but still intact ;)

    Source URL: http://gbejadacosta.blogspot.com/2011/01/runaway-psychs.html
    Visit Gbejada Costa for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection
My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive