In Celebration...

    It was May 4, 2007 when our lovely Caren Crane aka Posh T. posted our very first "live" blog that included a picture of the dashing masked bandit Zorro, and invited everyone to come and hang out with us in the Bandit Lair. We'd been tossing around ideas and trying to figure out what to do in this crazy world of cyberspace for a couple of months before, and decided to take the plunge and see what happened.

    We were all astounded and grateful at the enthusiastic response. Since then, we've endeavored to share bits and pieces of our writing and our lives with our blog readers. We've brought in many different kinds of guests, played games, celebrated successes, and sympathized with challenges and hardships.

    But throughout these past three years, the thing that has made this effort worthwhile and successful beyond our wildest dreams has been you -- OUR READERS! Day after day, year after year, you have continued to amaze and amuse us. And you've give us the two most important gifts of all: YOUR TIME AND ATTENTION!

    So in celebration of our third year of blogging, Aunty asked some of our long-time, frequent commenters what being a Bandita Buddy meant to them.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Dianna aka Hrdwrkdmom aka MizMacgyver

    Woot! It only seems like yesterday that I wandered in from the cold outreaches of the "net" and found myself cozied up in the Lair. It was like a homecoming to me. I visit the lair every morning before work and every evening when I come home. I don't always comment because, well, I just don't always have something to say...LOL

    I have always loved to read but until meeting the Banditas I didn't realize the trials and tribulations authors have to go through to get a book in my hot little hand. I admire all of the Banditas, the published and yet to be published, the latter for their perseverance in attaining their goals. I don't know what I would do without the Banditas to check in with every day. What topic is going on the blog, who has another book coming out, who won what, what is happening in each Bandita's corner of the world. The "Lair" is an exciting place to be.

    One of the biggest thrills of my life to date was getting to meet some of the Banditas (and the GR) in person. I hyperventilated for a week, then the great day came and I was a basket case, I dressed three times, I messed with my freshly curled hair until, sadly, it wasn't curled anymore! I put on make-up! Believe me, that is an occurence that doesn't happen every day. When I walked in the restaurant and was asked if I was with the Golden Rooster, wow, no words can describe that feeling.

    "Yes, as a matter of fact I am with the Golden Rooster."

    Following the hostess back to the table I wanted to rush ahead, and then there they were, 4 Banditas in all their glory, another homecoming. Hugs all around and getting seated and me grinning like the Cheshire Cat the whole time. I had fan girl written all over me and didn't care one bit.

    The Banditas are "good people" as my grandmother would have said. They are warm, compassionate people that happen to have an amazing talent. They don't sit and just write words, they put a little of themselves and their personalities into every story and in each "blog". They reach out and make every person that visits feel as if they are sitting in their own kitchen having a cuppa and chatting about whatever subject feels good that day. Where else can you go to get that feeling?

    I visit every day because the Banditas need to know they are my heroines, their talents are appreciated, and the world is better because they care. When a person posts on the blog, that post is responded to, always. The Banditas acknowledge each and every person that posts, they want you to know you were noticed, no slipping in the back door and slipping out again. A personalized blog, who would of thunk it?

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    Helen in Oz

    What being a Bandita Buddy means to me?

    It means friendship fun and laughter. I have visited pretty much everyday and there is usually a very good reason why I don't get there on a daily basis.

    I was fir
    st introduced to the Bandits by The Incomparable FoAnna Anna Campbell whom I had "met" on another forum just before CTC was released. I will always be grateful for the friends I have made since visiting The Bandits. I have won many fantastic books and my massive TBR Pile has grown to mountainous proportions! Thanks to all of the wonderful Guest authors I have met along the way and the recomendations from The Bandits and Bandita Buddies.

    And of course there's The Golden Rooster who has become such a wonderful pet to look after here and there and eat me out of Tim Tams LOL.

    To each and every one of The Bandits and Bandita Buddies who have listened to me talk about my wonderful grandchildren and family, thank you for 3 wonderful years and here's to many many more.

    I have just about all of your books that have been published and look forward to the day that I will have books from everyone of you. It will happen, you are all wonderful writers! I love visiting and hearing about all the interesting things that you and the guest bloggers all talk about.

    I have been lucky enough to meet FoAnna in person a few times now and I look forward to meeting every one of you one day. You never know your luck in a big City and I buy lottery tickets every week so there is a chance! LOL.


    There will also be another Australian Romance Readers Convention here in Sydney in 2011 and maybe some of you will be able to make it down under.

    Huge congrats to you all on your 3rd anniversary!

    Way to go, Ladies!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Jane in NYC

    Congrats on the third anniversary of the Romance Bandits blog. I wish I were more articulate and could write something poetic. It's a fun place to hang out and chat about books, movies and celebrities. I think the lyrics to the Cheers theme helps describe what being a Bandita Buddy is like.

    Sometimes you want to go
    Where everybody knows your name,
    and they're always glad you came.


    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TerriO

    When Aunty Cindy offered me the chance to take part in this blog, I instantly said yes. I was so fortunate to find this lovely group more than two years ago. I was new to writing and in the midst of a chaotic life. But I knew that every morning I could come here, read something funny or uplifting (usually both!) and my day would start with a smile.

    The Lair is always ready for a celebration or to lift us when we’re down. But most of all, this group inspires me to keep going, to keep reaching for that dream of publication. I’ve worked in several different industries, but never found a community as generous as that of Romance writers. I am honored to be a Bandita Buddy and look forward to sharing many more years of fun and dreaming with the Romance Bandits.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Patty PJ Ausdenmore

    Wow! Three years already? It hardly seems possible. Cindy asked what being a Bandita Buddy means to me. At the beginning, I would have told you it meant starting, and usually ending, each day with a smile, discovering new authors and chatting with Bandits and fellow readers. Those facts are still true but over the years it's grown to mean much more.

    Being a BB means gaining treasured friends; women who encourage, support and celebrate my achievements as well as each others. Yes, the daily smiles are still there along with chuckles and, sometimes, full-out belly laughs and I'm still being introduced to the fantastic authors who continue to feed my enormous to-be-read stash of books, not to mention all those books contributed by the talent that resides in the Lair.

    But, most importantly, for me, being a BB means having a circle of women (and a few men), from across the world, who come together daily, in a warm and welcoming environment, to share a slice of life with friends.

    Here's to the talented, gracious, wonderful women of the Lair! Congratulations on your third anniversary. Cento anni di salute e felicità! Wishing you 100 years of health and happiness!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~

    Thanks to Dianna, Helen, Jane, TerriO, and PJ for all your kind sentiments!

    The Banditas and the Lair truly would not exist without the continued support of ALL our readers! Please share a favorite memory from the past three years. Or tell us what being a Bandita Buddy means to you!

    We have a truly ginormous list of prizes to give away today!

    An autographed copy of My Reckless Surrender (when released)
    An autographed copy of Something Scandalous
    A Romance Bandits journal
    An autographed copy of The Seduction of a Duke
    A Dark and Delicious gift package --autographed copies of Dark and Dangerous and Dark and Deadly and some dark chocolate.
    An autographed copy of Heartbreak River
    A Romance Bandits magnet and post-it notes
    An autographed copy of The Treasures of Venice
    An autographed copy of Blazing Bedtime Stories
    Golden Rooster pin and ear rings
    An autographed copy of Sweetest Little Sin
    An autographed copy of Do You Take This Cop?

    All you have to do to be eligible to win a prize is leave a comment!

    And HUGE THANX from all us Banditas for making our three years THE GREATEST!Source URL: http://gbejadacosta.blogspot.com/2010/05/in-celebration.html
    Visit Gbejada Costa for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection
My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive