A Launch Party with Plenty of Blarney!

    posted by Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy

    Cabana Boys! Break out the blenders and fill the taps with green beer!

    LAUNCH DAY IS HERE for The Wild Irish Sea!

    It seems like only last July, I was stuck in the depths of the deadline cave trying to FTFD (finish the first draft) of this book. Oh wait, that's exactly what I was doing... Well, I'm thrilled to say that all that hard work has paid off!

    It was such a treat for me to be able to return to Ireland to tell another story of suspense, magic, and love. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my characters and their adventures as much as I enjoyed writing about them.

    Even though the 'official' release day is July 6th (the same day as another Bandita's book *KOFF*Susan's Money Honey*KOFF), I received my author copies last week (SQUEE! It's even prettier in person), and Amazon is already shipping copies. I haven't seen a copy in my local bookstore yet, but I figure it is in the back room waiting for the clerk who stocks the romance section to put it out.

    The reviews have started coming in and so far they have been mostly positive. (Check out The Long and Short of It Reviews, My Book Addiction and More, and The Romance Studio if you want to read a few.) And in case you haven't already heard what the story is about, here's a blurb to entice you into reading more:

    The telepathic image of her twin brother Parker fighting for his life sends Amber O’Neill rushing to the rocky shores of Ireland. Desperate to find him, she turns to reclusive local inspector Kevin Hennessey.

    His past full of pain, Kevin has withdrawn from the world. But when the rain-drenched American appears on his doorstep with her wild tales of danger, something more than her sensuous beauty makes it impossible for him to turn her away.

    The wildness of the sea, the mystery of a selkie prince, and a dangerous band of ruthless smugglers bring two lost souls together in a connection of mind, body, and spirit that can’t be denied.
    Now time's a wastin'! Today is for celebrating and we need to get started. I think the Cabana Boys have the first round of drinks ready to go. The gladiators have set up a chocolate fountain in the foyer. And Sven is loosening up his magic fingers for a massage marathon!

    It's 5 o'clock somewhere, so raise your glasses of cyber-bubbly and help me toast my new book!
    Sláinte! (that's Irish Gaelic for "To Your Health") and Croi follain agus gob fliuch! (A healthy heart and a wet mouth!)

    Now no Launch Party in the Lair would be complete without a giveaway, but instead of the usual random selection, I'm going to hold a wee contest.

    All true Irishmen (and women!) are born with a gift of the gab. In fact, most are so proficient that Irish "storytelling" has become legendary. Those with the most well-developed and creative abilities are said to have "kissed the Blarney stone" or simply be "full of Blarney." Yes, yer olde Aunty has received such accolades on more than one occasion. Here's an example of what I mean:

    Sure and I've not had a decent amount of sleep in 47 days and nights, then. No amount of pills, potions, or other remedies known to mankind have shut my eyes for more that a moment or two, not even a wee drop of medicinal whiskey. Saints in heaven, but a massage with Sven's magic fingers should have helped, but alas no! 'Tis in right desperate straits, I am, but I'm thinking that reading a few pages of Aunty Cindy's latest tome will drop me right off to dreamland.

    Now it's YOUR turn my esteemed Banditas and BBs! Tell me why YOU need to win a copy of The Wild Irish Sea. Don't be shy! Lay on the Blarney as thick as you can. And if you can do it with a wee bit o' brogue, so much the better! I'll award the commenter who tickles my fancy the most with an autographed copy of The Wild Irish Sea.

    Let the PAR-TAY begin!Source URL: http://gbejadacosta.blogspot.com/2010/07/launch-party-with-plenty-of-blarney.html
    Visit Gbejada Costa for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection
My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive