Things I WON'T Miss About the Day Job


    by Kirsten Scott

    Hi Banditas and Buddies! If you've been anywhere within a two-mile radius of me (or is that 2 KB? Facebook? Twitter?) you can't help but have heard that I have been counting down the days until I'm done with my day job. And guess what -- I AM DONE! As of July 1, I have only two jobs: mom and writer. I have left the third job -- lawyer -- in the dust.

    I worked as an attorney for ten years, so there was definitely some nostalgia as I left my empty office behind and turned out the lights. (Anyone remember that last episode of Cheers, when they turned off the lights in the bar? It was kinda like that.) I will miss the feeling of professionalism and focus, the way I'd put on my power suit and RULE the office. I loved the high-powered negotiations and the arguing. Mmmm. I love arguing. :-)

    But there's soooo much I won't miss, and so to commemorate the end of the day job, I thought I would make a list (that's one thing I definitely won't stop doing!):

    TOP TEN THINGS I WON'T MISS ABOUT THE DAY JOB

    10. Frantically searching for someone to take care of the kids when they turn up sick Monday morning and I've got a hearing and my husband has a meeting and neither of us can cancel or reschedule at the last minute.

    9. Drinking crappy office coffee.


    8. Showing up late to meetings because I wanted to say hello to the kids' teachers.

    7. Not being able to work out at home because I left my sneakers at the office, and vice versa.

    6. Packing a lunch, leaving it at home, and then wondering if I should throw away the leftover spaghetti that's been sitting on the counter all day.

    5. Getting home at 6:15 and getting dinner on the table by 6:30.

    4. Hose.

    3. Quickly clicking on a Word document when my boss comes in my office so he won't see me surfing romance sites on the internet.

    2. Squeezing in time to write before 7AM or after 8PM.

    And the number one thing I WON'T miss now that I've quit the day job?

    1. Never having time to hang out and chat with the Banditas and Buddies, because I'm working three jobs!!

    So...tell me about your day job? Are you happy with it? Do you long to leave it behind? What wouldn't you miss if you did? Source URL: http://gbejadacosta.blogspot.com/2010/07/things-i-won-miss-about-day-job.html
    Visit Gbejada Costa for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection
My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive